Money and My Wife

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  johnbmckay Posted 22/3/18 at 3:32 am.

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 Replies
  • DavidWilliams DavidWilliams
    Participant

Money and My Wife
    By DavidWilliams DavidWilliams
    Participant
    March 27, 2017 at 7:52 pm

!

For the most part, my wife and I have a great relationship. The only problem is that we have different concept of saving. I try max out the 401K and build-up a little safety nest. My wife is less inclined and has carried a small balance on her credit card.  Anytime I bring it up she says I am being a penny pincher and we can afford it.  We don’t have kids but are trying.  How do I get my wife to change and start saving for the coming kids?

• hasnainece
    Participant

Money and My Wife
    By hasnainece
    Participant
    April 18, 2017 at 4:21 pm

!

Good topics. Every Man in World must be save money for the future. But in love issue a wife or any girl friend always must know about ther are husband and boy friend. If every one know this love things is always in our life.

• harrycol harrycol
    Participant

Money and My Wife
    By harrycol harrycol
    Participant
    June 9, 2017 at 5:42 pm

!

Hi friends, after hearing your story, I think all you have to do is make your wife happy and try to convince on your plans, I think it will work friend, thanks and all the best.

• johnbmckay
    Participant

Money and My Wife
    By johnbmckay
    Participant
    March 22, 2018 at 3:32 am

!

Saving for the future, especially when kids are involved, is a wise thing to do. As for changing your wife’s mind, that would be quite a Herculean task, if she’s not on the same page as you with money. It would probably be easier to ignore her credit card balance (Since it’s small) and just suggest to her to start putting away a little money in a high interest saving / checking account, CD, etc. for a rainy day. That way, she won’t immediately read “Your concern of the future” as you wanting to control how she spends money. In which, the “Rainy Day” could be more of a fluid event; as in that money could be used for anything; instead of a rigid event, that could cause unnecessary stress. 

Display topics from previous:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.