Welcome to the DawgHoused Forums
Tue Feb 21, 2017 22:04pm
Jump To Post
Please Read the Forum Rules before Posting!
The forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about different topics. We ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation (and maybe even useful). Please take some time to read the full rules and understand them before posting. If you do not agree to the rules, do not post. The forums operate with light moderation, but we do have a flagging / complaint system and a team of moderators and admins, and we investigate every single complaint. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move messages at any time. If you continuously flout our rules you also risk being temporarily or permanently sent to the dawghouse. Our decision is final in these matters. The forums are provided as a free service; please don't ruin them for everyone else. IP addresses, user ID and email addresses are recorded with each message. Have a complaint about a particular poster? Contact us immediately, don't antagonize the situation by replying.
- This is an English website, all forum posts must be written in English -- Any thread topics or replies written in a language other than English may be removed without notice. This is mainly because we cannot moderate languages we do not understand.
- No "flaming"or "badgering" -- writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at other users for their views, comments, status as a user on the site, or any other reason. You can disagree with someone's views and still be polite about it.
- No "<href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">trolling" -- posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply. Also, please do not feed trolls.
- No "spamming" -- No advertisements, or referral links to other services. We also classify "spam" as short replies (usually fewer than 7 words) which do not contribute to a forum thread in a positive manner. Do not post for the sake of forum post count. Your posts will be removed if we see you posting unhelpful or non-contributing messages to our site.
- No discussions of software piracy, hacking, illegal material. -- Linking to these activities will not be tolerated.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature. In addition, do not post lewd or offensive content, or links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work, and remember that kids visit the website.
- No excessive swearing or language. If you're that angry about something, take a break from the forums for a while, or confront the other user directly instead of in the forums. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter, such as misspelling a cuss word, or using punctuation or spaces. We are much more likely to ban users for this behavior than those who let the profanity filter replace cuss words with *'s instead. Still, excessive swearing can get you in trouble too, so keep it clean. No posting of any text which bypasses our profanity filters by purposely misspelling, using letter/symbol substitutions or any other means to bypass our censoring. You will only get one warning for this, then you will be banned from the site.
- Please do not "hijack" a forum thread by changing the subject. If you want to change the subject, please start a new message thread. There is a thread in the Tavern ("This thread is about ...") which is run by a moderator, which we allow sudden subject changes. Otherwise, we expect new subjects to be in a new message thread.
- Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban. Do not complain about other users being banned, in the forums or on profile pages of other users. Also, do not complain if a moderator removes a message you posted. We trust our moderators, and if they've removed a message, they had a good reason.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address.
- Do not copy or plagiarize comments.
Becoming a moderator
All moderator applicants must be a member for at least 90 days (3 months) and have at least 100 posts. You must be active in the individual forums you wish to moderate and regularly create and respond to threads in those forums. You must also maintain a working knowledge of the subject matter. Please be aware that applying to be a moderator does not guarantee acceptance and that moderators will only be appointed when needed. Current moderators and administrators will review applications and decide if the applicant fits the desired post. Administrators have the final say and we reserve to right to refuse applicants with or without cause.
In Order To Apply To Be A Moderator You Must be:
- A forum regular that is a positive presence
- Have been at the forum for over 3 months
- History of being polite and helpful towards other members. Providing advice whenever needed and whenever possible.
- Able to visit the forum each day, actively take part in discussions as often as possible, ideally once a day, setting a good example to the other members.
- Help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.
- Forum Category: Dating
- Replies: 6
- Views: 710
Outdoor Cooking in the Winter
Tue Feb 21, 2017 22:47pm
Jump To Post
Just curious if there is anyone with experience BBQing or smoking food in the winter. I live in a cold climate and want any advice.
- Forum Category: Other Topics and Interests
- Replies: 2
- Views: 339
What are you using to manage your day? Help the DawgHouse Team out by posting your response.
- Forum Category: Self-Improvement
- Replies: 6
- Views: 361